Emergency first aid at work – 1Day
Our emergency first aid at work training courses are suitable for small to medium sized workplaces with less than 100 employees, or low-risk environments such as retail units.
This one day training course is designed for nominated workplace first aiders, or anyone who as part of their employment or day-to-day life requires suitable first aid training. This course enables attendees to carry out the duties of a first aider in a safe and approved manner with no risk to self or third party.
The course content includes:
- Assessing the casualty and situation and undertaking the appropriate action
- The unconscious casualty and utilising the recovery position
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) – performing artificial ventilation and chest compressions
- Head injuries
- Asthma, choking and clearing an obstructed airway
- Severe bleeding – how to control severe bleeding
- Shock – how to recognise and treat shock
- The first aid kit and accident reporting procedures
- Heart attack, seizures and diabetes – how to recognise and treat illnesses
- Burns and scalds – how to treat burns and scalds
- Fractures – how to recognise and treat fractures
- One day or two evenings
- Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF)
- Valid for 3 years
- Certificates issued to delegates who successfully complete the course including the practical assessments and exam.